Helping you through the claims process
The claims process
When you choose Protective, we are making a promise to be there for you when you need us. We often say that this is our highest calling. In 2021, we paid more than $4.8 billion in life insurance claims to 95,574 beneficiaries. During 2021 we likewise paid $733 million in annuity payments to 15,779 beneficiaries. This is our most important promise.
Ready to start a claim?
Life insurance claims frequently asked questions
- Notify us of the death of the insured/annuitant via this website or the phone.
- We will then verify the beneficiaries.
- We’ll reach out to beneficiaries and ask them to complete a claim packet and provide any necessary documents.
- Once all documents and forms are returned, we’ll review the claim.
- After review, we’ll either process the claim or contact the beneficiary for any additional information needed.
*Neither Protective life nor its representatives offer legal, investment or tax advice. We encourage you to consult with your financial adviser and legal or tax adviser regarding your individual situations before making investment, social security, retirement planning, and tax-related decisions.